No open calls at the moment
Application period: 1 May 2017 – 31 May 2017
Total volume of funds: CZK 9,000,000
The Endowment Fund provides grants for the following types of projects:
a) feature films
b) TV films
c) TV series
(A feature film or television film has a runtime of at least 60 minutes.)
Applications can be submitted only for projects which began filming between 1 January 2016 and 30 June 2017.
The projects must portray Prague as Prague (and not as a stand-in for another city) and be intended for cinema distribution and/or brodcasting on television stations outside of the Czech Republic.
- Significance of Prague in the work
- Way of depicting the of Prague in the work
- Number of planned filming days at locations in Prague
- Value of the themes of Prague and specific filming locations (in terms of tourism, culture, history and architecture)
- Marketing potential of the project (in terms of tourism)
- Territories, form and extent of foreign distribution
- Benefits for presentation of Prague (in terms of the topic and role of Prague in the work)
The applicant may be a legal person which has their registered office or place of business within the territory of the Czech Republic and which is
a) commissioned (on the basis of contractual arrangement) by a producer with registered office outside of the Czech Republic to submit an application for an endowment grant
b) a co-producer of the project being applied for, where at least one of the co-producers of this project has a registered office outside the territory of the Czech Republic (a so-called foreign project)
De minimis regime
De minimis support is public support of a small scale – its level does not affect trade between member countries of the EU or undermine or threaten economic competition. The support provided in the de minimis regime to one entity over the past three years must not exceed the limit of EUR 200,000.
APPLICATION AND APPENDICES
- Audiovisual material, if available – finished work, rough cut, examples etc.
- Co-production contract (copy) if the applicant is a co-producer of the work
- Service contract (copy) if the applicant has concluded one with the producers of the work
- Authorisation to submit the application if the applicant is not a co-producer of the work and has been authorised on a contractual basis by a producer with registered office outside the Czech Republic to submit an application for an endowment grant (copy)
- Affidavit by the applicant regarding public support
- Information about the application and proof of 3-year activity in the field of audiovisual production
- Documents on provision of distribution of the project outside CZ (copy)
- Document on the start of filming – in case filming will start after the submission of the application the applicant is obliged to supplement the application with affidavit of the first date of filming.
LANGUAGE OF THE APPLICATION AND APPENDICES
- Applications and all apendices shall be submitted in Czech or in Slovak.
- If available, the synopsis and screenplay must also be provided in English version.
- The following documents may be provided only in English: service agreement (copy); co-production agreement (copy); authorisation to submit the application if the applicant is a legal person which has been authorised on a contractual basis by a producer with registered office outside the Czech Republic to submit an application for an endowment grant (copy); documents relating to provision of foreign distribution
DELIVERY OF THE APPLICATION
Entities for which a data box is established by law shall only submit applications via the data box. Other entities shall submit applications via a provider of postal services. The date of sending the data message or handover for postal consignment shall be decisive for receipt and acceptance of applications.
Data box of the Endowment Fund: r46dfkb
Nadační fond Praha ve filmu Prague Film Fund
Mariánské náměstí 2/2
110 00 Prague 1
The Administrative Board will make its decision on applications within three months of their submission.
A contract on awarding an endowment grant will be concluded with the applicant within three months following the decision of the Administrative Board.
The endowment grant will be paid out in two instalments – 50 % within 15 days of conclusion of the contract, 50 % once the project has been completed, i.e. submission of a final report, visual inspection of the work and billing for the endowment grant.
One applicant may submit several applications for one set of grant proceedings.
There is no legal entitlement to provision of an endowment grant.
No appeal is possible against the decision of the Administrative Board.
The Endowment Fund is entitled to cancel grant proceedings or to not award any endowment grant.
The endowment grant will be subject to billing. The deadline for submission of the billing cannot be longer than 18 months from the date of signing the contract.